Monday, September 03, 2007

Up....


...And away, in my beautiful balloon!

This weekend took us to a family wedding, followed by a full day at a children's story-themed amusement park -- that would be us way up in the air above. Since Vampboy is at the tail end of a chemo cycle, now is the time to crunch in as much normal playtime in public as possible.

I'm still not sure when the next round (second to last) starts -- it was supposed to be tomorrow, but with a lower than needed platelet count over the weekend we're not sure he'll make it. A delay may be in the cards, but hopefully only a couple of days.

Hopefully.

2 comments:

Papa Bradstein said...

Sweet! Who doesn't love a ferris wheel? 3B loves balloons, so I can't imagine the flailing, laughing, and wiggling that would ensue if he actually got to ride in one. (I think when he got off, he might change his name to Montgolfier.)

Anonymous said...

Hi Vampdaddy,
I saw your posting on www.rhabdoidkids.com a couple of weeks ago and thought I would check out your blog. (My son was diagnosed with Rhabdoid Tumor of the Kidney and is almost two years post diagnosis). I'm glad I did. You've done a spectacular job of articulating what it is like to be the parent of a child going through brutal cancer treatment. I was up last night into the wee hours of the morning reading the archives. I had many, many “been there moments.” I am amazed with your ability to convey what you are going through without getting into the nitty gritty medical stuff and keep it entertaining.....for lack of a better word. You have quite a gift for writing. Thanks for sharing. Good luck with this last bit of Vampbaby's treatment!
~Kelly
Jackson's mom
www.caringbridge.org/visit/actionjacksonforebaugh